At MenoWell, we have the pleasure to work with many experts in the field of health and wellness. This February in honor of Black History Month we want to turn your attention to black women we respect and admire for their advocacy work and whom we believe will add value to your lives.
1. Ob/Gyn, Founder of Thrive Beyond Wellness, and MenoWell Advisor Dr. LaReesa Ferdinand. Learn more about her integrative practice and wellness offerings at https://thrivebeyondwellness.com/ and follow her @DrLaReesa on Instagram.
2. Renowned Cardiologist and speaker Dr. Jayne Morgan has been featured regularly on CNN, hosts the stairwell Chronicles, and is the Executive Director of Health at Piedmont Health. Follow her on Instagram @drjaynemorgan and check out her videos on YouTube.
3. Ob/Gyn, Author, and Chief Medical Advisor at Alloy, Dr. Sharon Malone. Pre-order her new book Grown Woman Talk: Your Guide to Getting and Staying Healthy. Follow her @SMaloneMD on Instagram.
4.Congresswoman Yvette Clark spearheaded the Menopause Research and Equity Act of 2023 that addresses perimenopause, menopause, and midlife women’s health. The act will require the NIH to convene a multidisciplinary team of health professionals to assess the status of menopause research in particular, and recommend new, needed studies. Follow her @repyvetteclarke on Instagram.
5. Founder of Menopause Made Modern and CEO of Claret Circle Kamili Wilson. MMM is a web platform that features deep dives into symptoms as well user generated reviews of products and services related to menopause. Sign up for their newsletter to be alerted when new stories post. Follow Kamili @menopause_made_modern on IG.
6.Creator of the Black Girl’s Guide to Surviving Menopause Omisade Burney-Scott. Sign up for her newsletter at https://blackgirlsguidetosurvivingmenopause.com/, listen to her podcasts and sign up for exclusive content starting at $5 per month. Follow @OmisadeBurneyScott on IG.
7. Beauty industry veteran, and co-founder of Caire Beauty, a skincare line for grown ups, Lorrie King. The brand also hosts the annual Marvelous Mrs. Menopause event in NYC. Follow @Caire_beauty on IG.
8. Life and Health Coach & Menopause Educator Dana Lawson of Align and Shine is helping women thrive with her group coaching and menopause mastery programs, some of which include meal plans. Learn more on her website https://www.alignandshinenow.com/.
9. Founder of Tula Wellness and author of The Menopause Myth Dr. Arianna Sholes-Douglas, was one of the first doctors to look at whole health wellness. Sign up for her newsletter and see her recommendations for everything from supplements to skincare and beauty at https://drarianna.com/. Follow @DrArianna on IG.
10 and 11. Co-founders of Life in the Pause Dixie Lincoln Nichols and Monique Cupid. These ladies turned their conversations around menopause into an annual festival in NYC that embraces the wholeness of the menopause journey. Complete with nourishing foods, panels of experts, swag, community, and celebration. Learn more at https://lifeinthepause.com/. Follow @theMidlifeGlowChaser and @DixieLincolnNichols on IG.
12. President of the California Osteopathic Medical Board and Founder of Tea Botanics, Denise Pines is helping women handle vasomotor symptoms with her Hot Flash Tea. Through her company Wisepause Wellness she hosts an annual in person event bringing together experts in health and wellness and virtual events throughout the year. In her spare time she’s also a documentarian film maker. Follow @TeaBotanics and @WisePause on IG.
13. Award Winning Fitness Instructor and founder of Yco Active Natalie Yco. With over 44,ooo Instagram followers tuning in for her tips and workouts, and an apparel line launch, this 55 year old will inspire you to stay active. Follow her @natalieyco.
14. Midlife and menopause influencer, interviewer, and Alloy community manager Rachel Hughes. Follow her on Instagram @rachel.hughes.midlife to stay in the know on upcoming webinars with top docs.
15. Laura Okafor Crain, founder of Perry. Laura created the first community to speak to women in their 30s and 40s about peri-menopause and since then the community has exploded. Last year they introduced The Perry Menopause Journal filled with advice from top doctors and experts to help you track your own symptoms and make sense of them. Follow them @ohhelloperry for their laughable and relatable memes. Download their app for support and education.
16. Coach and author Jolinda Johnson helps clients recover from burnout and build the skills necessary to live a life of resilience. Follow her @CoachJolinda on Instagram to learn more.
17. Let's not forget our very own Julie Gordon White! Julie is a wealth of knowledge in her own right and has turned the spotlight on to other experts in midlife in The MenoLounge, her weekly live interviews on Instagram. Find them @myMenoWell on IG.
We hope this list allows you to bring more knowledge into your lives. If we've missed someone please drop us at firstname.lastname@example.org